Metrobus System Multan – List of Metro Stations with Details
Multan (Wednesday, February 24, 2016) – The work on metro bus service project is going with fast speed. Almost more than 70 percent of construction work has been completed. It is expected that all development will be finished in May of this year. This is first phase of the mass transit metro bus system. Total length of metro route is 18.5 Kilometers long. It starts from BZU at Bosan road and finished at Chowk Kuhanranwala. Total cost of this project is 23.5 billion rupees. Metro track is mixed of elevated and at grade (ground level). Total length of elevated portion is 11.9 Kilometers and on ground or on-grade track is 6.7 kilometers long.
Distance between Bis Stations
Minimum distance between the bus station is 650 meters and maximum distance is 1200 meters. (1.2 Km). Detail of distance between each bus station is given in route map given bellow. Total No. of metro stations are 21. While 14 stations are elevated and 7 stations are at grade level. Detail of each Bus Station is given bellow:-
- BZU Bus Station: – This metro bus station is located in front of the main entrance of Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan on Bosan Road. People of Siddiq abad, Lutf Abad, Buch Villas Housing Scheme, DHA and other adjoining area will take benefits of this station. While thousands of students studying in the university will use it daily.
- Beacon House School:- This is second bus station on metro service Multan. BZU bus station is located at distance of 1 kilometer.
- Markaz Ibn-ul-Qasim Al-Islami:- It is third metro bus station on Bosan Road.
- Northern By-Pass Chowk:- Mehmood Kot, Wapda Town and Model town are the adjoining areas.
- Altaf Market/Shalimar Colony:- Khair ul Maarif is located nearest to this bus station.
- Nasheman Colony/Sabzazar Colony:- Leadership collge is located near to this bus station
- Chungi No.6/Gilgasht Colony:- It will facilitate the peoples of Gulgasht colony, Students of Emerson College, Science college.
- Tehsil Chowk/Usmanabad:- South Gulgasht, Sadaat Colony, Education University Campus student and Usmanabad Colony residence will be facilitated.
- Chungi No.9:- Office Colony, Hazoori Bagh Road, Kotla Tolay Khan, Shamas Abad and other areas peoples will use this bus station.
- Raheemabad/Mohammadi Mohalla
- Daulat gate/Fish Market:- Old walled city peoples will use this bus station.
- Aam Khas Bagh/Hafiz Jamal Raod:-
- Manzoorabad Chowk:- It will facilitate Ansar Colony, Muslim Colony, 14 No. Chungi Chowk and TB hospital Road and outside Delhi Gate Commuters.
- Ahmad Abad/14 No. Chungi Chowk:-
- BCG Chowk / Mumtazabad:- Peoples of Vehari road included Qasimpur Colony, Mumtaz Abad Colony and others areas.
- Peoples Colony
- Vehari Chowk/General Bus Stand:- It will offer service to peoples living around the Vehari Chowk and Travelers at General Bus Stand. While peoples of newly developed colony, The Fatima Jinnah Town will also use this bus station.
- General Bus Station / AC Stand:-
- Jinnah Park/Shah Rikn e Alam:- the shopkeeper of Vegetable and fruit market (Sabzi Mandi) will also use this bus station included peoples of 100 Footi and Shah Rukn e Alm E Block.
- Nadra Office New Multan / Cycle Stop / Kikkar Stop:- it will also provide facility to reach New Sabzi Mandi, Vegetable and fruit market.
- Chowk Kumharanwala:- It will provide felicitation to people of Hassan Abad, New Multan, Madni Chowk, Bihari Colony, Gulshan Market, Masoom shah road and Bodla Town.